Dozens of delegates from 8 Universities in Indonesia attended the 2018 Bandung Model United Nations (BMUN) organized by the Widyatama University Student Center (ISC UTama) at Gino Feruci Braga Hotels 1-4 March 2018. This activity was an international youth forum on authentic simulation of the UN session. BMUN has the aim to educate and raise awareness of the participants on issues of the world, diplomacy, leadership, agenda and spirit of the United Nations.
The BMUN conference is designed to promote the spirit of diplomacy for cooperative problem solving. In BMUN the participants will act as diplomats representing a country. This year BMUN 2018 raised the theme “upholding international justice toward global security” and there were 4 international and regional organizations contested: UNHRC (United Nations Human Rights Council), UNSC (United Nations Security Council), Joint Crisis Council (Venezuela Government side and Venezuela Opposition Side) and Press Agenc
In this 2018 BMUN activity, the Braga Declaration was read out and the Indonesia MUN Forum was formed which purposed to integrate the MUN Community in various educational institutions in Indonesia.
The following 8 institutes and universities signed the Braga Declaration:
- Chair of the Widyatama University International Study Center, Muhammad Ari Rahman
- Pelita Harapan University Representative, Ben Aldo Haim
- University of Indonesia Representatives, Leonardi Ryan Andika
- Representative of the Bandung Institute of Technology, Wenisah Octavia Panjaitan
- Brawijaya University Representative, Naufal Raffif Siahaan
- President University Representative, Muhammad Ilham Razak
- Representative of Bali’s Udayana University, D.M Nanda Wijaya
- University Representative General Achmad Yani, Anggoro Galuh Pandhito
With the existence of the Braga Declaration, Widyatama University became one of the initiators of the birth of the Indonesian MUN Forum with the topic “Situation in North Korea”.