Widyatama University Chancellor (UTama) Dr. Islahuzzaman, SE, M.Sc., Ak., CA presides over the Graduation Ceremony for Professional Programs, Masters, Bachelor Programs and Diploma / Vocational Programs on the second phase in 2017/2018 Academic Year on Saturday and Sunday, 12-13 May 2018 at the Auditorium Building ( GSG) Widyatama with a total of 831 graduates from Diploma to Master levels. In the 2018/2019 academic year this time, UTama resulted 17 Professionals, 87 Masters 692 Bachelor and 35 Diploma where as many as 19 graduates successfully graduated Cum-laude, Fastest graduates and youngest graduates.
At this Graduation Ceremony, it was attended by several University Professors from various fields including Economics, Linguistics, and Agriculture. The first day consisted of graduates from the Faculty of Business & Management, Faculty of Languages and the Faculty of Visual Communication Design, and special guests from International University Malaya Wales: Prof. Mohd. Haizam bin Mohd Saudi is the MBA Program Director and Director of Strategic Management. While the second day consisted of graduates from the Postgraduate School, Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Engineering, attended Prof. Datuk Dr. Ahmad Rafi Mohamed Eshaq (Multimedia University), Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wong Chee Onn (Dean of Faculty of Creative Multimedia) and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lau Siong Hoe (Dean of Faculty of Information Science and Technology).
The Widyatama University Chancellor gave a speech about the Revolutionary Era 4.0. In his speech, Islah talked about the era of industrial revolution 4.0 which has the characteristics of automation and the digital economy. The development of super-computers, robots, artificial intelligence, and genetic modification has resulted in a shift in the trend of labor, which is no longer dependent on human labor, but on machines.
On the other hand, the Industrial Revolution 4.0 also opened up new opportunities. Indonesia, with its population demographics, which are mostly in the productive age and middle class, as well as the status of being one of the countries with the largest population in the world, has the potential as an e-commerce leader in the digital economy era, Islah added.
This Graduation Ceremony was more special because it coincided with the moment of the MoA Signing between Multimedia University and Widyatama University, represented by Prof. Datuk Dr. Ahmad Rafi Mohamed Eshaq as President of MMU and Mr. Dr. Islahuzzaman, S.E., M.Sc. Ak. CA as Widyatama University Chancellor. The MoA signing is a follow-up to the Curriculum Mapping between two institutions regarding the activities of Transfer Credit / Credit Earnings, Exchange Lecturer / Visiting Professor, Joint Supervision and Internship (source: https://www.widyatama.ac.id/multimedia-university-malaysia- and-university-widyatama-implementasikan-mou-through-mapping-curriculum /)
Then the signing of the MoA between the Faculty of Creative Multimedia and the Widyatama University’s Visual Communication Design Faculty was represented by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wong Chee Onn – Dean of Faculty of Creative Multimedia and Dr. Anne Nurfarina S.Sn., M.Sn as Dean of the Faculty of DKV.
Widyatama University Faculty of Engineering signed the MoA also with the Faculty of Information Science and Technology represented by Assoc. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lau Siong Hoe – Dean of the Faculty of Information Science and Technology and Dr. M. Rozahi Istambul, S.Kom. M.T. as Dean of the Faculty of Engineering.
At the end of the graduation ceremony, Widyatama University gave awards to several outstanding students through the Chancellor. The following are students who excel:
- Meutia Nabila (Cumlaude GPA 3.83)
- Miftah Farid (youngest graduate at the age of 20 years, 2 months, 24 days)
- Mallyda Putri Siswandi (Cumlaude GPA 3.85)
- Rafa Aditya Ramadhan (Cumlaude GPA 3.94)
- Dinda Noor Azizah (youngest graduate at the age of 21 years, 2 months, 30 days)
- Rizky Prabowo (Cumlaude GPA 3.94)
- Pradianitha Anriaputri (youngest graduate at the age of 20 years, 9 months, 3 days)
- Ragil Ayu Dwi Lestari (Cumlaude GPA 3.77)
- Fauzi Primassalam (youngest graduate at the age of 21 years, 10 months, 7 days)
- Elza Novira Zhara (Cumlaude GPA 3.91)
- Yuni Anandia Permana (youngest graduate at the age of 20 years, 5 months, 4 days)
- Fiona Martina (Cumlaude GPA 3.88)
- Mutia Aprilia Utami (youngest graduate at the age of 20 years, 11 months, 30 days)
- Hafidhoh Syariefah (Graduated fastest study period 3 years, 7 months, 16 days)
- Faith Kholilurahman (Graduated fastest study period 4 years, 4 months, 16 days)
- Cega Ramadhan (The youngest graduate at the age of 22 years, 2 months, 14 days)
- Purnama (Cumlaude GPA 3.90)
- Shara Wittasari (Graduated fastest study period 4 years, 1 month, 12 days)
- Aulia Rahma Widyana (youngest graduate at the age of 21 years, 11 months, 11 days)